Saturday, February 26, 2011

Something for Saturday

When I was a senior in high school, I had to great opportunity of going on a Europe trip the summer after I graduated. It was a trip consisting of over 300 band kids in Arizona. The deal was we traveled to seven different countries over a span of sixteen days and performed concerts in a few towns. Sometimes we would perform in beautiful basilicas, while other times it would be under a ramada in a city park. Whenever we weren't performing, we were sightseeing and getting the whole Europe experience.
We traveled to England, France, Switzerland, Austria, Liechtenstein (for lunch), Italy, and Germany.
It truly was an unforgettable experience, and I was so fortunate to be able to take the trip. I just thought I'd share a few of my favorite pictures from throughout the whole thing.
 Obviously London, England. Big Ben-my favorite structure throughout the trip.
The massive building and ornate design is almost jaw-dropping. Oh & did you know it's actually named Big Ben for the bell inside the clock, not the actual clock?
 The cliffs of Dover. This is on the ferry to France. It's a tad windy out here. :)
 Underneath the Eiffel Tower. I'm a little disappointed with the pictures I took of it from a distance. I did climb the stairs to the highest tier, but didn't pay to take the elevator to the very top. I wanted time to go have crepes instead.
 The Moulin Rouge. I loved the movie, therefore I love the building. This streets is lined with sex shops...thought you all would like to know. hahha
 Crans-Montana, Switzerland with my dear friend Kacey. This place was absolutely gorgeous. If you're wondering where to visit while you're in Europe, you cannot skip out on Switzerland. The scenery is stunning, as you can tell.
 Tanner, Kacey, and I not long after we got off the flight. Right now we're in front of Windsor Castle. Not a great picture of the castle, but this is one of my favorite pictures of all time.
 The Matterhorn with a slight cloud cover. Beautiful Switzerland, once again.
 A little hotel in Austria. My favorite is the flowers hanging over the ledge.
This was taken while I was "walking the wall" in Rothenburg, Germany. It's a little medieval style town that's super touristy. Germany is also very green and gorgeous.

No comments:

Post a Comment