Thursday, February 10, 2011

Mixing It Up

So last post I told you all about Pioneer Woman.
Well my love for her has grown exponentially. I can't seem to put her book down and while I was "surfing the web" (that phrase always sounds cheesy to me) I read one of her posts called Ten Important Things I've Learned About Blogging. I decided to take her advice, in more ways than one.
The first was exercise. Haha
This was only due to the fact that I have three exams I need to be studying for, but I prefer to read her book instead. I told myself that I could read her book at the gym; all other spare time would be reserved for studying. Yay for time management!...I'm getting better.
She also stated that you should blog often and about different things. I've been slacking on both of those, so it's time to step up my game.
This one is going to pay tribute to my favorite ladies (not to sound feminist, I'll do men later ;) .)
1) Audrey Hepburn
I always like her best in Sabrina.
She radiates elegance. I love her fashion sense and she was a very caring woman. If I could be anyone else, it would be her.
"I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles." -Audrey Hepburn

2) Taylor Swift
Classy, Talented, Smart, I could go on and on about this girl. Haters gonna hate on her, but she'll always hold herself high. She knows how to stay a positive influence, which many younger artists struggle with. Love her.
"When I was a little girl I used to read fairy tales. In fairy tales you meet Prince Charming and he's everything you ever wanted. In fairy tales the bad guy is very easy to spot. The bad guy is always wearing a black cape so you always know who he is. Then you grow up and you realize that Prince Charming is not as easy to find as you thought. You realize the bad guy is not wearing a black cape and he's not easy to spot; he's really funny, and he makes you laugh, and he has perfect hair." -Taylor Swift

3) Marilyn Monroe
To be honest I haven't fully seen any of her movies and I don't know much about her. I just love how she is portrayed. She was the definition of a sex symbol and was fully aware of it. I once spent almost an entire day reading quotes of hers and I was in shock with how intelligent she was. She always seemed like a bimbo, but she knew exactly how to work the crowd.
"I believe that everything happens for a reason. People change so that you can learn to let go, things go wrong so that you appreciate them when they're right, you believe lies so you eventually learn to trust no one but yourself, and sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together."  -Marilyn Monroe

It's somewhat of a short list. Trust me, there are a lot more women out there that have influenced me (Mom, for example! Oo and Ree Drummond, The Pioneer Woman of course!), but I didn't want to bore you all with an extensive list. Who influenced you?

No comments:

Post a Comment