Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Props to Utah

I was trying to wait till I was home from the trip to tell you all about it, but I decided there's too much to share.
Ya'll wouldn't want to read a novel, so I'll break it up for you :)

Our trip started out with our favorite fast breakfast stop: Wendy's.
For some reason we love their iced coffee too much to pass up in the morning.
Just the three of us girls left while the sun was still rising and headed for Breck.
Luckily my dad was a total sweetheart and got us a Garmin. Lifesaver, that guy. (My mom insisted on the Australian guy's voice, of course.)

There's a gorgeous Arizona sunrise for you.
Our route went through northern Arizona and a bit of Utah before we finally got to Colorado.
I had never really been in Utah before...I don't think the Four Corners counts for too much of it. I gotta give it props, though. I was expecting a scenery similar to New Mexico (blek), but Utah turned out to be beautiful! I would've taken more pictures if I hadn't been driving.

It was about 2:00 pm and our tummies were rumbling as we were driving through Moab. We all agreed to try something different, right when we passed this quaint little cafe on the right. I had to flip a U-ee. It was just what we were looking for.
Eklecticafe.

Their menu was quite extensive. My worst nightmare. The poor lady was waiting on me for at least five minutes before I could make up my mind. I settled with a chicken curry wrap, but of course I was too excited to eat it to even think of taking a picture.

Adorable, right? Love the chalk boards.

 They serve brunch consisting of mainly organic food. Home made pastries and quiche, too!

...Yeah we're those people that show up right before it's closing. :/
I'm sure this place is adorable when it's warm enough for plants to grow.
 
Sunny little porch to eat on, too.
If you ever happen to be in Moab, definitely stop by. I've been craving curry ever since.
Plus, Moab is a breathtaking town. You can't pass up the scenery. It's one of those towns where you can tell the locals spend every waking moment outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment