Sunday, March 27, 2011

Der Fondue Chessel

It's been way too long.
Sorry folks. My motivation has been lacking lately.
I'm a little behind schedule considering I need to tell you all about my wonderful experience at Der Fondue Chessel, the fondue restaurant sitting on top of Keystone Ski Resort.
So much fun. Expensive, but well worth the experience.
First you take two gondola rides to the top of the mountain. Unheated gondolas, mind you.
Not ideal when Grandpa forgets to put on his long johns, or wear his sweater. He didn't realize he forgot till we were at the top. It was a riot to see him standing in his jeans and white t when we were checking our coats.

 Beautiful place, huh? Look at the giant fireplace in the back.
 Cheese fondue with white wine (I think.) Pretty strong tasting...I could've done without, but it was Grandpa's favorite.
You also get a Caesar salad, but I had already eaten it. I think we all know what a Caesar salad looks like anyways. :)
 Veggies & bread you dip in the cheese. I hate asparagus, but surprisingly I think it was the best tasting with the cheese fondue.
 A little look see at our four courses.
 You get entertainment as well!
 Great Polka music :D
 It was his birthday so they made him stand on a chair and dance.
 Next we grill our own food. Pork, chicken, steak, sausage, shrimp, and scallops. We also got a few more veggies as you can see I decided to grill my onions. They also give you Raclette cheese as well as sourdough bread and yummy potatoes. I put some garlic and butter on my bread and toasted it beneath the burner. By the way Raclette cheese=amazingness. Melted mine and poured it on my potatoes. That could have been my main course right there.
 Everyone has to do the chicken dance!
 Nice photo bomb in the back. I like how all of his friends are giggling, too.
 We're in front of the massive fireplace!
 Best course: dessert.
 We had dark and milk chocolate. That's whip cream on the top. By this point in time I was stuffed to the brim, but the chocolate fondue was so decadent, I couldn't stop eating. My favorite combo was the banana bread in the dark chocolate. Forget the previous courses, this was all I needed.
 Time to head back to the bottom. Get the dolly! as my dad would say. I need to be rolled out I'm so full.
And a picture of the beautiful snowfall. What a great experience. We were all laughing the whole ride home about Grandpa's lack of clothes. Great night. One to remember :)

No comments:

Post a Comment