Wednesday, March 9, 2011

The Countdown Begins

Today I was at school and noticed a lot of kids with dirty foreheads...then I remembered, Ash Wednesday!
What a great Christian I am, I totally forgot. I kinda want to give something up for Lent, but I have no idea...do you have any??

I cannot put into words how difficult it is to study right now (obviously since I'm blogging instead.) I have midterms and papers due by the end of this week and I should be buckling down and hitting the books.
There's way too much going on for that.

First there's the gorgeous Arizona weather. It seriously could not be any more beautiful right now. High of 80, sun shining. All I want to do is nap outside in my bathing suit. When spring in Arizona rolls around, I go all day wearing my swimsuit.



Next is Breckenridge. I LEAVE IN TWO DAYS. Can't believe it's finally here. This will be so awesome, skiing with my 72 year old grandpa. Sure it's no week of partying with friends in Cancun, but it's the perfect escape for me. One last touch of cold weather before the brutal summer hits and brushing up on my skiing skills.



Finally there's the Disney College Program. If you know me at all, you know I am OBSESSED with Disney. (Yes I'm one of those people.) I have always wanted to work there, and once I heard of the Disney internship available, I knew it would be the perfect opportunity to fulfill my dreams.
Pretty much I go to Disney World for a semester, get paid to work there, receive some college credit, make some awesome friends, and get to work at the happiest place on Earth.
I know for some of you this sounds dreadful, but I assure you, it's perfect for me.
So this week was the week I decided to go for it. Disney held a presentation at my school for the fall internship and I am now working my way through the application process. Wish me luck!



I suppose I should attempt to study now...we'll see how far I get.

2 comments:

  1. Oh please oh please! Get your internship! We're headed to DW next December...taking Bretts parents for their 40 th wedding anniversary! How cool would it be, to actually know someone that worked there!! You could give us all the insider tips! Prayers!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah that would be awesome! I'll definitely keep you posted :D

    ReplyDelete