Monday, January 24, 2011

Tijuana Torpedo

Okay so I have many weaknesses when it comes to food, if you hadn't noticed. If I still had the same metabolism  as I did in high school I would never stop eating. One of my MANY weaknesses are green chili burgers. The good kind of green chili, thick sliced. I believe they're called Hatch Chilies.
Today my good friend Taylor and I decided to meet up for lunch after class at famous local burger joint called The Chuckbox. If you're ever in Tempe you must stop by. It is sacrilegious if you don't indulge in one of these mouthwatering juicy patties.
Normally every time I go I'll get a Little One with pepper jack. I might even go for a Big One bacon cheeseburger style. The menu isn't very big, but they have something for everyone.
Whenever I am in there, my curiosity always leads me to a menu item named the Tijuana Torpedo. I had never seen one before, but I knew it had green chilies on it and it must be good because it's the second most expensive item on the menu.
Today I decided would be the day to find out what exactly a Tijuana Torpedo is.
Here you go. First hand (or second hand, I'm not quite sure since it's not my personal picture.)
Yes, I ate this behemoth of a burger, minus the bacon. It consisted of LOTS of beef, maybe a 1/2 lb, and looked like there may have been green chilies ground into the beef itself. The burger was topped with two full roasted green peppers, a slice of pepper jack, and I added a couple tomato slices and jalapeño.
It was as amazing as it sounds. I considered saving half of it to enjoy later, since it was so gigantic, but I didn't want to risk the decrease in quality and lack of flavor from it sitting in a fridge.
Definitely tops the chili burger list along with the Wineburger, which I'll have to write about later.

No comments:

Post a Comment