Friday, January 21, 2011

Ambition

So I'm back in school.
Of course break wasn't nearly long enough and it's only the end of the first week. I feel like I have been back for months, going through the ups and downs. "Why can't I just ski for the rest of my life and never go back into work or school?" as well as, "Wow, my classes actually seem somewhat fun! This could be the best semester yet!"
Well since I've been back at the apartment with my roommates and back to "the real world" things have been a heck of a lot better than expected. The roomies are helping me make trips to the gym, my mom and I are taking a Zumba class, and I'm taking a country-western dance class through the university with a close friend. Things are looking up overall. The weather is also starting to warm up which gets me all giddy (I despise the cold.)
Since Lady Luck seems to be looking out for me again I decided that it's time to become motivated and stay that way. Aka AMBITION. :)
Resolution, Schmesolution(?)...this is the start of a new life. If I can stay exercising and eating well for this long, I can do it for the rest of my life. Organization is key. When I was in high school I loathed organization. My room was always trashed, I procrastinated nonstop. Now I'm somewhat obsessed with it. I found myself cleaning the kitchen at my parents' house when I had time to kill there. I went through all the cabinets in the cabin up north with my mom and we made them more functional. Is there a career out there that includes baking/cooking, organization, and socializing? The closest thing I could come up with is owning my own coffee shop (I'm OBSESSED with coffee, too.)
My mother, sister, and I like to visit this little coffee shop up in the White Mountains called The White Chair/ Snowflake Coffee Co.
It's a quiant little place on the main street filled with antiques and unique clothes (which I'm not too fond of) that also serves their own coffee creations. Big comfy couches and old wood furniture painted over white fills the cafe area, while the menu consists of the large framed chalkboard on the back wall.
I'm telling you, this place is adorable. My mom and I can only dream of one day owning a place like it: Individually decorated as well as homemade cakes and pastries sold with our cups of warm espresso drinks. This would be my dream job.
Anyway, if you all are ever in the White Mountains, you must visit The White Chair/Snowflake Coffee Co. and try the Meximocha. I hear their lemon bars are to die for, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment